Tailgate Turkey Chili
Makes 4–6 servings
This hearty chili is perfect for game day. Double the recipe if you plan on a bigger crowd.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1⁄2 white onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 red pepper, diced
1 pound ground turkey
1 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon chili powder
1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (1⁄4 is mild—add 1⁄2 or more to kick the heat up!)
1 can of white beans (rinse before using)
1 14.5-ounce can of crushed tomatoes
1 cup beer (the Jessica Red works great or your favorite medium beer)
2 cups of water
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1. Add olive oil to large pot. Over medium- high heat, cook onion, garlic, and red pepper until the onion is clear, 3–5 minutes.
2. Add 1 pound of ground turkey, using a wooden spoon to break turkey into small pieces as it browns.
3. Stir in salt, pepper, chili powder, and cayenne pepper.
4. Once turkey is fully cooked, add beans, crushed tomatoes, beer, and water. Simmer over low heat for 45 minutes.
5. Combine 1 teaspoon cornstarch with 3 teaspoons water. Stir until there are no lumps. Add to chili, stirring slowly for 5 minutes.
6. Salt and pepper to taste, and serve!
Garnish with cilantro, sour cream, cheese, or any other tasty item you have in the fridge.